Natural Sausage Casings from New Zealand Sheep
SHEEP CASINGS MAKE SLIM, TENDER & JUICY SAUSAGES.
Casings are the hidden superhero of your sausage. Your sausage casing is what keeps all your carefully chosen ingredients, flavours and juices in and it also dictates the texture and eating experience of your final sausage.
We believe sheep casings are the best. They are less prone to chewiness than hog casings and have an amazing ‘semipermeable’ wall which breathes, meaning your beautiful BBQ/cooking/smoking flavors can permeate the casing and infuse your sausage meat.
The end result is a sausage with better flavor and juiciness, great sizzle and the much prized sausage “pop” that you can only get from a sausage made with a natural casing.
- PRODUCT FORMAT: 20m total. 2 x 10m lengths of natural, edible sheep casings.
- PRE-TUBED: Our casings are pre-threaded onto hard tubes for easy transfer to your sausage maker nozzle and no annoying knots or tangles (please do not remove from tubes).
- PRODUCT SIZE: A Grade Uniform 24/26mm. Your sausage will be 24-26mm diameter once casing filled/stuffed. About the size of a Quarter. For details on how casing sizing works follow this link.
- SAUSAGE CALCULATOR: As a guide, with this 20m product you can make a total of approximately 6kg of sausages or approx 100 x 60g sausages. Check out our sausage making / casings calculator here.
- NO 'SHORTS': We are proud to have a no 'shorts' guarantee. Shorts are short casing off-cuts that may only be 1m long that some manufacturers cheekily package up and sell off to home sausage makers.
- BEST BEFORE: Your product will have a minimum best before life of 6 months. It will last this full time, even if opened, as long as our usage and storage instructions are followed.
- HALAL: All our sheep casings are independently audited and certified Halal by the New Zealand Islamic Development Trust. We have a dedicated facility that only processes sheep casings. Our hog casings are processed in a separate facility.