Natural Sausage Casings from New Zealand Hog
HOG CASINGS MAKE BIG, FAT & PLUMP SAUSAGES.
Casings are the hidden superhero of your sausage. Your sausage casing is what keeps all your carefully chosen ingredients, flavours and juices in and it also dictates the texture and eating experience of your final sausage.
Natural hog casings have an amazing ‘semipermeable’ wall which breathes, meaning your beautiful BBQ/cooking/smoking flavors can permeate the casing and infuse your sausage meat.
The end result is a sausage with better flavor and juiciness, great sizzle and the much prized sausage “pop” that you can only get from a sausage made with a natural casing.
- PRODUCT FORMAT: 15m total. 1 x 15m length of natural, edible hog casings.
- PRE-TUBED: Our casings are pre-threaded onto soft tubes for easy transfer to your sausage maker nozzle and no annoying knots or tangles (please do not remove from tube).
- PRODUCT SIZE: A Grade Uniform 32/35mm. Your sausage will be 32-35mm/1.3” diameter once casing filled/stuffed (a bit smaller than a standard milk bottle top). For details on how casing sizing works follow this link.
- SAUSAGE CALCULATOR: As a guide, with this 15m product you can make a total of approximately 8kg of sausages or approx 100 x 80g sausages. Check out our sausage making / casings calculator here.
- NO 'SHORTS': We are proud to have a no 'shorts' guarantee. 'Shorts' are short casing off-cuts that could only be 1m long that some manufacturers cheekily package up and sell off to home sausage makers.
- BEST BEFORE: Your product will have a minimum best before life of 6 months. It will last this full time, even if opened, as long as our usage and storage instructions are followed.